Thursday, October 13, 2011

Snail Mail

O how I delight in handwritten letters!  Who doesn't love opening their mailbox to a pretty envelope with your name on it?! Seriously, it makes my day every time.

Birthday letters from this year :)


letter from mom... lets be honest, its totally true- I have no filter

So I feel the need to bring to attention an issue of utmost importance- post offices nation wide are closing... THIS IS NOT A DRILL, PEOPLE!!

Since 2006 nearly 200 post offices have been shut down and more are continuing to prepare for closures.  Unacceptable.  A brief Americana style of the US Post Office for you:  In 1775 our forefathers began the postal service with Benjamin Franklin being the first ever Post Master General.  So cool.  

And if that didn't convince you, can I just say how awesome it is to make your own cards and stationary?! Seriously, some days you just need to be crafty.... check it:

dear friends, you will be getting these in the mail shortly!

Now, go scrapbook a "made with love" letter, and write to your mother!




 

1 comment:

  1. you never write me! I prefer to see your pretty face anyhow on Skype!

    ReplyDelete