Thursday, October 27, 2011

School Rules #2: Sleep... or lack of

Well, thankfully we have reached the halfway mark on this semester, and now its time for Fall Break; some much needed R&R.  But on the topic of rest and relaxation, I would like to call to attention the whiners and complainers...thus begins School Rules #2, on the topic of sleep.

Let me just point something out... everyone you see on a college campus is either about to pass out, or so jittery from energy drinks and coffee they can't function like human beings.  Enough is enough, people!  Seriously, its time to get your act together and form some sort of balance!

So, I have decided to systematically point out some issues regarding students and sleep.  Check yo'self:

1. Form a balance, for goodness sake!  I am all about grades, extracurricular activities, and friend time, but please note that sleep is important too, and you are completely in control of it.  No more excuses that you just had to stay up and watch reruns of Friends with your "girls," because I seriously doubt they threatened you to do it.

2. Everyone is tired!  It is a fact. So no longer should there be casual conversation that reads like this...
-"hey, how are you?"  
-"ughh soooo tired!"
-"OMG me too!"
-"You don't even know how much work I had last night..."
JUST STOP IT!!  That is the most pathetic conversation ever; I hear it at least 3 times a day, and frankly, it makes me want to punch a kitten!  Engage in a real dialogue or keep it to yourself!

3. Complaining will not make you less tired or add to how highly people think of you.  I know it is a radical thought, but lets be honest, no one cares you only slept 6 hours last night, and no one is impressed.... and besides, the bags under your eyes already make it obvious.


the truth. (found here)

Now go hop in bed, take a cat nap, and have some real conversations with people when you wake up.  Happy Fall Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment